Effective Date: July 21, 2021
Howdi Inc. (“Howdi”, “we”, “us” or “our”) operates howdi.love (the “Service”).
This page describes our policies and procedures on the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that information.
Information Collection and Use
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal information, which is information or an opinion, including information or an opinion forming part of a database, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion (“Personal Information”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address;
- First name and last name;
- Phone number;
- Cookies and usage data;
- Internet Protocol (“IP”);
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City; and
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service. We may also collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Tracking technologies used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all Cookies or to indicate when a Cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept Cookies, You may not be able to use some parts of our Service.
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Learn more about cookies: All About Cookies. We use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
Necessary / Essential Cookies
- Type: Session Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide you with services available through the Service website and to enable you to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these Cookies to provide you with those services.
Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: us
- Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use the Service website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you use the Service website.
Tracking and Performance Cookies
- Type: Persistent Cookies
- Administered by: Third-Parties
- Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new advertisements, pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Use of Data
Howdi uses the collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service: including to monitor the usage of our Service;
- To manage your account: The Personal Information you provide can give you access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: This includes email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information: this includes information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact you.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger of Howdi.
- With Ministry partners: We may share your information with our ministry partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when you share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If you interact with other users or register to any website or any social network website by logging in or creating an account to use the Service (“Third-Party Social Media Service”), your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see your name, profile, pictures and description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Information. may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Information, to Canada and process it there.
Howdi will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy. No transfer of your Personal Information will take place to an organization or a country unless there are adequate controls in place including the security of your data and other personal information.
Disclosure of Data
Under certain circumstances, Howdi may be required to disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- as necessary to meet legal and regulatory requirements;
- to comply with a legal obligation or for a lawful purpose;
- to protect and defend the rights or property of Howdi;
- to prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- to protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public;
- to protect against legal liability; or
- otherwise with your consent or as permitted or required by law, including as required by applicable Canadian and foreign laws applicable to Howdi or its service providers.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Your Personal Information to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use Email Marketing Service Providers to manage and send emails to you.
Usage, Performance and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of our Service.
Third Party Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Child(ren) provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice.
Rights of Access and Correction
If you would like to request access or correction of any of your Personal Information we have in our custody of control, you may submit a written request to us at email@example.com. Your right to access or correct your Personal Information is subject to applicable legal restrictions.
We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. To avoid delays in obtaining information, please provide sufficient details to permit us to identify you and the information you are requesting. We will advise of the reasons for restricting access subject to legal or regulatory limitations.
If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Retention of your Personal Information
Howdi keeps your Personal Information only as long as necessary and relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Howdi will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.